Monday, May 4, 2009

Round and Round

I have a bad habit of interrupting myself. I start a sentence and then qualify it (and then sometimes qualify it again) before even getting to the meat of the matter.

"So, I was thinking... and I think I thought of this because of that guy from the other day who had the banana on his head... or maybe I was already thinking about it and he just reminded me... I don't know... anyway...."

I do this all the time. And it's annoying. Even to me.

Why do I do this? I think it's a manifestation of my obsessive need to control everything - even myself. I can't have free form thoughts; that would be faaar too chaotic. Of course, maybe this entire blog is about my need to explain... AND THEREFORE CONTROL everything.

Wow. Cyclical neuroses. Fascinating.

No comments:

Post a Comment