Thursday, July 8, 2010

Friendly Warning

This is worth re-posting because I continue to have this dream.


So I had a dream about the end of the world.
Now, I've had apocalyptic dreams before, but they normally involve staying at a lovely seaside hotel and watching a tidal wave engulf an entire town. This is followed by the stars (literally) falling from the sky. I've had this particular dream so many times that I will never, ever stay anywhere where the ocean is closer than a mile away. The very thought fills me with dread. (Maybe that's what causes the end of the world! Me staying at a seaside hotel! Look out, Nostradamus - I'm awesomer.)

Anyway, this dream involved the sun blacking out and then sailing across the sky like a gigantic baseball. It was horrifying. The only thing that kept it light (and utilimately made me realize it was a dream) was when my friend Joe said, "Uh, yeah... it'll take at least 2-4 weeks for the sun to recover from that."

I firmly believe that dreams are your mind's way of telling you what's going on in the dank and musty recesses of your brain, especially when it comes to stress and worry; your cerebral "Basement of Hand-Wringing," if you will. So, what does that mean for me? Hmmm. Off the top of my head, I would guess I'm worried about something big that's coming up soon; whatever it is, I think it's going to go badly. And that would make perfect sense, given the dream... IF I had something big coming up that I was worried about. But I don't.

Sooooo... I guess that means the world's really coming to an end. Sorry 'boutcha. :)

No comments:

Post a Comment